COVID-19 Resurgence Support Payment
The Resurgence Support Payments (RSP’s) are available if an applicant has been affected and meets the eligibility criteria. If an applicant has been affected by each alert level change & meets the eligibility criteria, they can apply for each round of RSP.
To be eligible, businesses must experience a 30% drop in revenue or more, over a 7-day period after the increased alert level 2 or higher – as well as meet a range of other RSP eligibility criteria.
(Extract of overview below is from business.govt)
Resurgence Support Payment application dates, or ‘rounds’:
Change in alert levels from 14 to 21 February 2021.
- Can apply from 23 February to 22 March 2021.
Change in alert levels from 28 February to (TBA).
- Can apply from 8 March till 1 month after the return to alert level one.
Resurgence Support Payments:
When the RSP is activated, eligible businesses and organisations can apply to receive the lesser of:
- $1,500 plus $400 per full-time equivalent (FTE) employee, up to a maximum of 50 FTEs
- four times (4x) the actual revenue drop experienced by the applicant.
I’m unsure if I will be eligible, what should I do?
- There is more detailed information on the IRD website for Resurgence Support Payments.
- For assistance regarding Resurgence Support Payments you will most likely need to talk to us, your tax agents.
- We can calculate & go through the criteria to see if you are eligible.
- We can also apply for the Resurgence support payment on behalf of the client if required.
However sometimes things are easier explained, so give us a call at the office or go to our “Contact us” page. You can also message us using the box below.
If you have any general questions, feel free to use our contact us form on the website.