COVID-19 2 Week Resurgence Wage Subsidy
The government has recently announced a new payment available for those financially impacted by the resurgence of COVID-19 and changes to COVID Alert Levels.
What is the criteria for the 2 Week Resurgence Wage Subsidy?
New Zealand employers must have, or expect to have, a revenue drop of at least 40% because of COVID-19, for a 14 day period between 12 August to 10 September, compared to the same or similar period last year.
When can I submit my application for the 2 Week Resurgence Wage Subsidy?
Applications can be made from 1pm on 21 August 2020 to 11.59pm on 3 September 2020.
Other Key Points:
You can’t apply for the 2 Week Resurgence Wage Subsidy until the 8 Week Wage Subsidy Extension has finished. This means if you applied for
the 8 Week Wage Subsidy Extension on Monday 29 June, you can not apply for the 2 Week Resurgence Wage Subsidy Extension until Monday 24
The subsidy covers 2 weeks per employee.
A full-time employee (more than 20 hours per week) receives $585.80 per week for 2 weeks totalling $1,171.60
A part-time employee (less than 20 hours per week) receives $350.00 per week for 2 weeks totalling $700.00
- The 2 Week Resurgence Wage Subsidy is paid out as a lump sum.
You will need to agree to certain obligations similar to the 12 Week Wage Subsidy such as:
- Pass the subsidy on to your employees.
- Retain your employees for the duration of the 2 Week Resurgence Wage Subsidy.
- Do your best to pay your employees at least 80% of their normal pay.
- Take active steps to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on your business.